While the world seems to spin faster and faster, many thousands of people currently take cannabidiol (CBD) products to help us keep up. CBD is a safe, supportive method to help improve concentration, increase focus, and boost memory. This article quickly summarizes what the research says about CBD for focus and concentration, and offers a few takeaways.
Many of us struggle to concentrate. We find it challenging to focus on the task at hand, and distractions pop up everywhere these days. It could be never-ending phone calls, text messages, and notifications or chatty co-workers for those of us who are back to the office. Or television, chores, children, or lethargy for those of us who work from home. Even brain fog (maybe left over from COVID infection or just from the trauma of living through this pandemic). Sound familiar?
What the research shows about taking CBD for focus and concentration
Before the 2018 Farm Bill made hemp legal throughout the United States, it was difficult to study the effects of cannabinoids on human health. Since then, CBD products have become widely available. The volume of research has grown exponentially.
Below are some research findings related to taking CBD for concentration and focus:
- CBD increases cerebral blood flow to parts of the brain that regulate memory, including the hippocampus.
- ADHD patients taking medical cannabis reported a reduction in their reliance on prescribed pharmaceuticals. This study also documents a reduction in ADHD symptoms in one case report.
- CBD improves brain metabolic activity, and the anti-inflammatory properties of CBD are neuroprotective. This helps to alleviate or prevent brain degeneration.
- CBD can improve cognitive function within our brains. CBD can improve brain processes including attention, memory, and executive functioning.
- Adults with ADHD who used cannabinoid medication experienced a reduction in their symptoms without cognitive impairment.
- CBD can increase wakefulness during the day and enhance dopamine.
The popularity of cannabidiol to support mental health well-being continues to grow. More and more people report the positive effects of taking CBD every day, but keep in mind that clinical research on taking CBD for concentration and focus is still relatively young. We need more long-term studies with larger sample sizes to truly understand the mechanisms of how CBD works within the human brain. But we know for sure that high-quality CBD products are safe to use.
If you’re thinking of adding CBD oil, CBD gummies, or CBD capsules to your regimen, it’s important to consult your physician. This is especially true if you’re taking other pharmaceutical medications.
Remember: being well-informed is essential to your well-being!